A Festival Of Goals
I am writing this because the beginning of every year is when you hear the word "resolution" the most from my viewpoint. We all want to change something about ourselves and we want to do it as quickly as possible more so than not. But how about this incredible fact. Did you know that 25 percent of all new year's resolutions are broken in the first week? How about this one, 80 percent of all gym memberships that start on Jan 1st are cut down to almost a hush in the first 8 weeks!!! That being said, I know that setting goals can be very tricky. I myself have set goals that I did not reach, only to find out that I was unrealistic with myself from the very beginning. I just thought of another part of my life that concept can apply to, but I will not go there. So lets not cal them resolutions. Let's cal them goals or plans this year.
A very wise person once told me that if you want to succeed in reaching your goals, tell as many people as possible about it and write it down somewhere that you can see it every day. I have done that and I am here to tell you that it really works. The times that I did not reach my goals were when I did not do one of or both of those things. So I have decided to post 10 goals/plans for 2013 right here on my blog to create a huge stream of accountability for myself in the new year. These are things that I will review next year on this very same day. I also challenge you to send me your goals to my personal email, email@example.com. Please put "MY GOALS FOR 2013" in the subject line. You have until Monday the 7th to submit your email. I am going to hold you accountable as well, We can help each other out at the same time. So here is how it will work. You send me your goals for 2013. Please only send me a maximum of 10 goals for 2013. This will keep it within reach for everyone, depending on what you right down of course. With this email, tell me your name, where you live, your email, and lastly, all of the things that you want to accomplish in 2013. I will create a folder with all of the names and info and commit to keeping you accountable by emailing, texting, or calling you. I will let you decide how you want to be contacted.
As I write this I am thinking of my list and making sure that I really can commit to all that I say that I will do. This is where the rubber meets the road. This is where that part of your mind that lives to knock you down puts on its battle gear. You will hear things like, "You can't do that in a year, or that's not even possible period", or any number of negative shout outs.I am going to turn down the volume on that right now. By the way, helping others to reach their goals is such a great move. So if you find a way to help another person after reading something that I post here, just email me and I will forward it on to them. Here is my list :
- Complete my yearly 30 consecutive days of Bikram yoga starting before this weekend.
- Finish a CD of my original music before Jan.1st 2014.
- Have a new car as 2014 starts or sooner.
- Have a completely functional workshop in my home by June 1st 2013. ( I have one now, but its not functional).
- Be able to touch my toes before 2014 starts. ( I am in great shape, however, that always bothers me that I cannot fully do that. So I am conquering it this year.)
- Manifest a brand new Fender all black American made Stratocaster guitar with no money.(I have done this with many things in the past).
- Sew a patchwork quilt for my bed in my house, on my sewing machine, and then another to give away to the reader of this blog that lives the furthest away.( You will have to prove it. Postage is going to be a killer!!).
- Take myself on a vacation to a place that I have never been before outside of the USA.
- Create two new monthly gigs for my band to play each month by the end of January for the rest of the year.
- Be in a national television commercial or a Broadway show or both.
So that should keep me on my toes for the year. Remember, these goals should push you and enhance your life. I also suggest committing to one goal that gives to another person just because. Do not set goals or plans that do not push you. If the goal is too low, you don't grow. If its too high, you will get disappointed with yourself and it will drag you down. Know your strengths and weaknesses, but do not underestimate your power under any circumstances. Here is my email address again firstname.lastname@example.org. By the way, you will get a surprise handmade gift from me just for participating. So be sure to include your address in the email if you would like to receive it during the first month of 2014. I will respect every one's privacy. I will not post your names or addresses here ever. I will however, make random references to people's goals or plans for the year to help them out on top of emailing them. "WE" are a team starting now.
This is going to be so much fun!!!!!! Thank you all of my readers in Lebanon, Poland, Nicaragua, Hungary, Russia, the UK, and so many other countries!!I am amazed! I feel all of you and I am smiling because of it. Now let's get cracking!!!!! Take control and make some things happen!!!! Let the magic begin!