40 Years Young
Today I turned 40 and I can honestly say that I had no expectations for this day. It is just another day, however, I have 40 years of prior knowledge under my belt and I intend to use it very tactfully. So one might ask, what was my perspective at 30 or at 20? I cannot say for sure, but I can say that it has brought me to where I am today. I feel young and vibrant and free in many ways. I have been hurt and been let down. I have been happy and extremely ecstatic. I have cried and I have even failed many times. So what will the future hold? In my opinion, it will hold more of the same things. The difference now is that I will have more tools to deal with these things and to just live in the now.
Here are some of my life lessons that are being highlighted today from deep in my soul:
- Yesterday is gone, calling it back will take you with it.
- If someone chooses not to love you the way you love them, accept it and move forward.
- When you want to do something that seems impossible, challenge that thought.
- Give more than you receive.
- Ask more people how you can be of service to them without reciprocation.
- Spend more time in the library.
- Meditation can really change the mind
- You don't always have to say yes when a friend asks for a favor.
- The things that you are putting off because of fear are not as powerful as you make them.
- Call your parents more.
- Expanding your self-worth doesn't have to cost you a dime.
- Words have ten times the power that you think they do, so choose yours carefully everyday.
- Energy can make or break any situation.
- Read every day and take your mind out of its comfort zone.
- Love should never hurt.
In closing, I would just love to say that 40 feels great!!! 40 is not the new 20 because 20 was 20. 40 is here and now and that is all that it needs to be for me. Life is MAGICAL!!!!!!